A lot of websites are doing year-end retrospectives this week, so I thought you might find it interesting to know which articles on this blog were the most popular this year. Below you will find links to each article along with the page view count I got from Google Analytics:
- A Simple Step-by-Step Reportlab Tutorial, 9,709 page views, posted 03/08/2010
- Another Step-by-Step SqlAlchemy Tutorial Part 1, 7,746 page views, posted 02/03/2010
- Another Step-by-Step SqlAlchemy Tutorial Part 2, 4,858 page views, posted 02/03/2010
- Manipulating PDFs with Python and pyPdf, 4,511 page views, posted 05/15/2010
- Python 101: Introspection, 4,473 page views, posted 10/14/2010
- wxPython: Grid Tips and Tricks, 3,476 page views, posted 04/04/2010
- wxPython: Creating a Simple MP3 Player, 3,401 page views, posted 04/20/2010
- Python and Microsoft Office – Using PyWin32, 3,323 page views, posted 07/16/2010
- wxPython and Threads, 3,183 page views, posted 05/22/2010
It would seem that SqlAlchemy and Reportlab are pretty popular topics. Are there any articles about either of these cool packages that you think I should write? As you can see, wxPython makes it into the top ten 3 times! What should I write about next regarding wxPython?
This upcoming year, I plan to write about some of the other GUI toolkits. Which one do you think I should do first? Tkinter, PySide, PyGUI or something else? What packages or standard libraries do you think I should cover? Feel free to let me know via the comments below or via my contact form (link at top). I’m looking forward to another year of Python tinkering and writing and I hope you are too! Thanks for your readership and encouragement this year!