I am happy to announce my latest project, which is the sequel to my Python 101 book: Python 201 – Intermediate Python. I am launching a Kickstarter campaign to help fund its publication so if you’re interested in supporting, you can do so here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/34257246/python-201-intermediate-python
If you already know the basics of Python and now you want to go to the next level, then this is the book for you! This book is for intermediate level Python programmers only. There won’t be any beginner chapters here.
Note: This book will be covering Python 3
Here are some of the topics covered:
- generators / iterators
- Functional idioms (map, filter, reduce).
- Writing your own context managers.
- Command-line argument processing
- Function Overloading
- Basics of regular expressions
- httplib / urllib (client / server)
- web scraping
- Basics of Unicode (encoding and codecs)
- Timing code (benchmarking)
- Testing (unit tests, doc tests, mock, coverage)