My name is Mike Driscoll. I am a computer programmer by trade and use Python almost exclusively to make my living. I’m on the wxPython mailing list and their IRC channel (#wxpython) on freenode a lot, so if you’d like to find me, you can do so there.
You can support this site by purchasing one of my books:
- Python 101 (Print or eBook)
- Python 201: Intermediate Python (Print or eBook)
- wxPython Recipes (Print or eBook)
- Python Interviews (Print or eBook)
- ReportLab: PDF Processing in Python (eBook)
I also have some MouseVsPython shirts here.
If you’d like to translate this blog or use the code, feel free. Just follow the license.
I have been using Python since April 2006. I used to blog for the Python Software Foundation from time to time. Other than blogging, I enjoy engaging in Christian apologetics, read novels, listen to a wide variety of music and learn photography.
I founded Iowa’s local Python user group, Pyowa, which meets once a month.
I have been a technical reviewer for Packt Publishing since late 2009. A technical reviewer is supposed to look at the book’s structure and check for technical issues rather than grammatical issues. I do both as I want the books to be the best they can be. It’s an unpaid position, but I get a copy of the book I edited and a copy of any book from their library that I want. Here is an incomplete list of the books that I have reviewed for Packt:
- Python 3 Object Oriented Programming by Dusty Phillips
- Python 2.6 Graphics Cookbook by Mike Ohlson de Fine
- Python 3 Cryptography and Application Security Cookbook by Geremy Condra (This book was canceled by the publisher)
- Python Web Development 3 Beginner’s Guide by Michel Anders (I don’t really recommend this book as it’s mostly jQuery UI, NOT Python!)
- Building Machine Learning Systems with Python by Willi Richert and Luis Pedro Coelho
- Tkinter GUI Application Development by Bhaskar Chaudhary
I am the co-author of the original The Essential Core Python Cheat Sheet for DZone. You can get it here: http://refcardz.dzone.com/refcardz/core-python
In June 2014 I was featured as Dev of the Week on DZone.