Entries tagged with “wxGrid”.
Did you find what you wanted?
Sun 4 Apr 2010
Last month I mentioned that we would go on a journey to learn some tips and tricks for wxPython’s Grid widget. Well, the coding is done and I thought it was time to actually do this thing. In the following article you will learn how to:
- Create a right-click pop-up menu in a cell
- Put tooltips on the Row and Column labels and on the cells
- How to use your keyboards arrow keys to move out of a cell that’s being edited
- Hide Row/Column labels/headers
- Show a pop-up when clicking a row label
- Change row/column labels
Well, what are you waiting for? Click the “more” link and start reading! (more…)
Thu 18 Mar 2010
The grid widget in wxPython is one of the most complex GUI elements that you’ll work with in this toolkit. In this article you will learn the basics of grid creation and usage. One of the major uses for a grid is to display tabular data. Another use is to create some kind of spreadsheet. If you need something where you need a lot of cells that can be edited easily, then the grid widget is probably what you want. The ListCtrl in Report Mode is similar in appearance to the grid and can be used as a replacement for the grid depending on your needs. (more…)