This week, I didn’t have as much time to work on this as I would have liked. Ah well, hopefully you won’t find the quality of the news to be any less. It just so happens that PyCon 2011 had a couple of items this week and they were both good news. Be sure to check those out. Also, Python won another award,
- PyCon 2011 extends Early Registration to the 25th…so what are you waiting for?
- PyCon 2011 adds Startup Row. Learn about the coolest Python-related startups at PyCon!
- The PyPy Project needs your help! Haven’t you ever wanted to join a project and acquire the awesome “core developer” moniker. Well, now’s your chance!
- Here’s a blog I found on Twitter that is reporting on a 3-year old discussion about the “Evolution of a Python Programmer”
- Python wins the TIOBE Programming Language Award of 2010! Yeah, I’ve never heard of this, but Python winning an award is always cool. (hattip to Susheel Raut)
- Dave Beazley’s latest blog entry: Porting Py65 (and my Superboard) to Python 3
- Why we love Python at Memonic – learn about how real companies use Python in real products!
If you’re interested in keeping up on Python news on a minute-by-minute basis, then Twitter is probably where you want to go.